Monday, September 19, 2016

It's been TWO YEARS!

Two years ago, I got engaged. :">

Yes! I am now happily married and I'm also expecting! :) It's been 3 years since I last posted an entry and now that I am on my 32nd week and under complete bedrest, I have decided to revive and revamp this blog.

This time, the theme for my blog would be, "These are all the many changes in my life". Hahaha! Kidding aside, a lot of things did change for me, in a good way. :) So let me start by sharing to you what happened last September 14, 2014.


I was scheduled to leave for a leisure trip with my mom to the US the following day. As far as I can remember, it was a 2-week trip and I told Drew that we could spend that Sunday, before I left, together.  I had already suggested weeks before that we go to one of my favorite places - UP Diliman, which is also near my mom's place, so he can simply drop me off after there.

On that day, he picked me up and I remembered it was raining quite hard.  But when we were driving along the University Avenue, the rain stopped and I motioned for him to turn left on the next intersection. We were going to have lunch in Chocolate Kiss and I knew a shorter route.  He insisted on parking near the Faculty Center, which was a fair distance away from ChoKiss. I asked why and he shared he wanted to walk from there and enjoy the scenery.  It was quite a weird suggestion to come from him but I figured he probably knew how much I missed my alma mater and how I would enjoy walking down "Freshie Walk", so I did not complain.

Finally while walking, he guided me towards Beta Way and I saw there were pink balloons by the entrance of the walkway. I started feeling awkward and nervous. I told him we should not pass there as there might be an event. He just smiled and we continued to walk towards the balloons.  He grabbed one and the text read, "TeamAndreyap" and then I felt my eyes sting as I tried to calm myself.  Then I saw two of his friends taking videos of us and that confirmed my hunch. I started crying. Hahahuhu.

And so we walked and one by one his friends appeared bearing flowers and chocolates.  Halfway along Beta Way, I asked him, "Alam ba to ng magulang ko?" and he replied, "Bahala na." Haha! Soon we reached the other side of the walkway and I saw my friends and my sister. I cried some more.

Drew then got down on one knee, took my hand and then launched into his proposal speech. Ang lalim, purong Tagalog. Haha! Ang ganda. :) After the phrase, "Will you marry me?", he pulled out a ring and I immediately said, "Yes!" Now ladies, if you want more drama, pause for a moment and count "1, 2, 3" before saying yes. Sayang hindi ko nagawa, may konting kaba sana. Haha! I was crying and smiling from ear-to-ear and everyone was cheering. :) Drew then showed me a photo from his phone of him and my parents.  Apparently, he took them out for dinner to formally talk to them about his "plan". I appreciated that gesture so much and cried some more. Haha!

And as planned, all of us had lunch in Chocolate Kiss after. :)

And there you have it! What happened two years ago that sparked all these new and exciting moments in my life. :)  I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Photo Credit: Carla Villarama


Photo Credit: Jerome Kang

No comments:

Post a Comment